Monday, August 16, 2010

Ahhhh, Portland 2010

I just returned from my second annual trip to Portland, OR.  As a part of my day job as a brand marketer, I follow one of our sponsorships out there to manage what we activate for the consumer onsite. . . enough of the corp lingo; Portland is super cool.  And that makes all the difference.  Last year I was able to have Ben and Doss tag along, and we had a magical time exploring the city.  Since I was so busy, and without my guys this time, I wanted to just revisit - and share with you - some of my favorite places there.  Most of my faves are vintage shops in the ultra groovy Hawthorne District.  You can find out more about them, and vintage all over Portland by visiting Vintage Portland.





















Lizard Lounge on Hawthorne was truly my favorite.  Amazing pieces, still reasonably priced, and the staff was so nice!  Look at how cute it is. . .



Vintage Pink is just down the street from Lizard Lounge and is another must see.  I can't pass by a pink building without stopping in, I don't know about you?!?

Finally - on my last day, I noticed that one of our most magical experiences in Portland was back again - it isn't something that is only available in Portland, but will always feel that way to me because it is the only place where I have been to, or seen the New Belgium Tour de Fat.  The Tour de Fat reminds you that driving is bad!  To follow your folly and be yourself.  And above all, beer is better for bike riders!  Check it out when it comes a little closer to home - Austin TX - in Oct (see schedule here)


Profiles of local creatives and special stops in and around Big D, and Texas coming soon!  In the meantime, here's to loverly Portland!  Hope to see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails