Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Few of My Favorite (work) Things


I was making a list and doing a few things tonight as I prep to leave town for work this weekend (Vegas for the Dew Tour).  I'll lose a few days on work towards the launch of the Smmidge mobile shop, applications for Holiday shows, and continuing to brain storm and search for inspiration for the next project and round of product for Momofandango . . whew - anyway, I looked down and realized there were some pretty cool things surrounding me - some of my favorite things really.   Take note and enjoy it when you do!  

  • Numero uno, a yellow tablet (get them at your nearest office supply store) - it is just so lovely to have a sturdy notepad perfect for work and for home - love it.  
  • And my most fave pens on earth - the Pentel Sign pens - my former boss and good friend Brian and I ordered them atleast 3 years ago and I still have them (and in the most fabulous colors).  
  • ReadyMade magazine.  I can't even say enough about how much I love (and use!) this magazine.  It's projects, fashion, food, crafts, culture, design. . . And beautifully put together.  I love magazines, period - but this one is definitely on my "keep list".  (We have lots of magazines, but only keep the now discontinued Domino, Elle Decor, and Dwell, and every now and then a Vanity Fair).  I reference my old mags all the time for inspiration and ideas.  
  • Some old drawings of handbag designs from the end of college that I just came across. . . they are not bad!  I love that I kept them and can look back on what I was thinking 12-15 years ago.  I love that they are on really good cardstock, and that I took alot of care of the creation of the drawings.   I love that creating, designing, whatever you call it has been a part of my entire life. .. it makes me realize I'm in the right place, though still working towards the right balance.
  • Finally, my most favorite stamps (the 2000 Plus Felt Stamp Kit with Wooden Handle) and paper luggage tags on which I have been stamping my information for a handmade business card, and for price tags.  I just love how they have been turning out. . . rustic but simple and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails