Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Driving Music



I spent my commute home this evening listening to Dawes Time Spent in Los Angeles - and it made me so happy, hopeful, understood, pumped up.  I'm a music lover, yes, but no music critic by any stretch. . . but on a technical note, the base line of this song just makes me so happy. . . I can hear it just enough and in just the right moments and it makes me move and groove everytime.  Love it.  If you haven't started listening to the new album, Nothing is Wrong, you should.  Or better yet, Dallas friends, go see them at Club Dada this Thursday, Oct 13th.  I would be there, but alas the d-a-y-j-o-b takes me to Vegas (boo hiss).  I love Dawes and their lyrics never fail to hit some chord with me, my life, my past, my future, my present ("these days my friends don't seem to know me/without my suitcase in my hands. . . " is apropos).  I don't know how they do that but I hope it remains. . . it is good stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails