Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mid 30s Crisis Song

Yo fellow 35 yr olds in panic mode. Yes, this is your mid-30s crisis, and apparently it's real.  See here.  And here.  Oh and here's a book.  But mostly, just listen.  You, too, will love this Belle Brigade song, Losers. (Not that this bro/sis duo from LA are in crisis - they are but kids living their dreams.  a-holes, er, winners?) It's actually the most heartening thing if you really listen.  I think it's saying forget what you think you should do or be, or where you thought you would be, and perhaps any of that pesky "wasted time".   Be who/what you are. . . where you are.  Occupy your space.  Do it well.  And forget the rest.  Keep moving.  Maybe this is why the mid-30s crisis is real and resonating. . . my priorities are profoundly changing maybe for the first time in my life . . . and I'm more aware of what I want and where I want to be, but also more aware of certain risks than ever before, too, and truly how fast time flies. Oy.  Losers unite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails