Friday, November 19, 2010

Smmidge Style - Furniture to Fashion


These Crate&Barrel ads are genius.  The Sartorialist meets Apartment Therapy.  Two of my favorite cyber obsessions.  So it got me thinking. . . here is a rug I really want from C&B - do I have something that will translate this furnishing (it's a rug - maybe not technically furniture, but it furnishes a room, right?  very important to comfortable room.  I know b/c my living room is lacking one currently.  I digress.) into fashion?

I wasn't sure. . . but here is my go at it. Minus the pop of color I needed (perhaps a scarf would have worked in a salmon, orange or turq) here is what I came up with:

 
My fave, army green pants from Anthro; a polka dot shirt from H&M, a groovy brown sweater from Anthro; and my chunky Steve Madden boots (a gift from Matt & Megan!) circa 2006 - LOVE them (both). 

It ain't a Crate&Barrel ad, Lord knows.  But hey, this week is all about unexpected inspiration and that works!  Oh - and check out the super groovy Rebecca from Girls Gone Child for some amazing-fun looks that inspire. Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails