Monday, February 28, 2011

Project: Friendship in a Jar

Jar of Words - the sweetest gift. 
We all have encountered them - those thoughtful, lovely people we meet whom, in a perfect world, become dear friends. . . I have recently gone through the extraordinary experience of making a new and dear friend - I mean, I don't know about yall, but the older I get, the harder it is to really connect with someone new. . . to meet a true kindred spirit.  My sweet friend, and  creative force in her own right, Kelly Oleson, made this jar of words for a couple of lucky folks, with hand-picked quotes she transcribed onto cards that fit inside the jar. I wake up and take out a quote that fits me exactly - they really seem to speak to me specifically which is so heart-warming - everyday. . . what a gift!  Do this for someone special, and I promise it will mean the world to them.  It takes time and love - the most precious of gifts.

A quote that fits me to a tee.  When you know and love your friends, you will find the perfect words.
Kelly tied ribbons to each card, and added a clip where I can attach my current quote to the outside for easy-reading. LOVE it.

4 comments:

  1. Inspiration abounds! Thanks Ms. Smmidge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blushing! Thanks for the unnecessary, but incredibly sweet recognition on my favorite blog and thanks for inspiring ME everyday by doing what YOU do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails