Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Stuff and Design Inspiration

Wanted to share some new pics of our latest Smmidge Studio blankets - vintage revision, I like to call them.  We use unexpected combos of vintage and modern fabrics that are perfect as stroller blankets, floor blankets, and later on as crib blankets.  I'm testing the new chenille combos too, and they are so sweet and soft.  Love 'em.  We are having so much fun!  After starting this work 3 years ago, and plugging away all this time, changing it, tweaking what it is and what we do in bits and pieces - it is still exciting when touch and feel the finished product.  One day, I'll be able to put my full heart into all these things!  One day!  I'll be sharing new pics of the Baby Band Pants soon.  They are so darn cute.  

And below is the inspiration for the latest nursery design I'm working on. These are collections that the mom has had for since her teenage years - and I LOVE them.  I have all sorts of installations and applications swirling in my head.  This is a particularly fun project, as the parents do not know the sex of the baby - but I do!  I'm working on it now and it's coming together swell - the design (as usual) isn't really a giveaway to the gender, but I'm not sharing too much anyway.  Luckily they trust me!  Most of the install will happen when they are off at the hospital - and when they return home - voila!  A perfect room for their little smooch.  Can. Not. Wait. 
bouncy balls - perfect colors for girls and boys!
key chains from all over the country - gifts and treats she collected through the years.  Love that personal connection.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blanket collections!!! My fave is the upper right! What a great new line.
    You can't imagine how excited I am to see the new nursery you are working on!! SO EXCITING.
    -Ris

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - yes. I know your excitement well. ps - I found some chair options!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails