Friday, April 22, 2011

Pretty Present: It's the Thought That Counts

 I mean, I know I've had a bad week. . . or, uh, two.  Nothing earth-shattering, just the stuff we all struggle with, jobs keeping us away from our kid, too few hours in the day, tax-time stress (really, that is what we owe?  are you SURE?), and the big burly future. . . And I realize Hubs knew I was in it deep on some level. How could he not, what with the circles under my eyes, the irritability and such. . . ?  But I didn't really think he knew.  Maybe he did. . . because this sweet little pink package met me when I came home late last night, and it is the best. present. ever.  I have worn a chain with Bugger's initial (D) on it, since the first week he was born.  First it was an Anthropologie chain (which I lost a year ago this weekend on a girls trip to Rockport), then it was a boutique gold chain with a D and a tree charm (bought for me in Rockport by my sweet girlfriends) after I lost the other chain, THEN since that recently broke it has been nothing.  And I've coveted a Helen Ficalora chain ever since.  I just love the simplicity of the designs.  So, needless to say I'm feeling buoyed today. . . sometimes it makes it all seem ok just to know that someone hears you and understands your struggles and takes the time to do something out of the ordinary to show their appreciation.  It could have been anything - a note, or cupcake, or this.  It's all in the thought behind it.  Thanks Hubs.  Happy Friday. 


Isn't it pretty?! Looks like a stamp, which you know I adore.
I'm not with Doss enough, but through this I feel a little closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails