Monday, April 25, 2011

What I'm Reading


It's been awhile since we've talked books. . . so here we go. We just finished an oldie but goodie, Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential which is amazing.  And I can't say enough about Just Kids, by Patti Smith.  A chronicle of her time with Robert Mapplehthorpe when they were young, bohemian artists in 1960s New York City.  Magic.

Two amazing women that are teaching me so much and making me laugh are Tina Fey and Ruth Gruber.  Bossypants (I'm listening to the audio and literally laughing 'til I cry, and almost wreck), is hilarious.  Her tails of everything from self-image to puberty to non-existent college relationships to being a "boss" and everything in between is fantastic.  I literally can't wait to drive to work so I can hear the next chapter. Get it.  And finally trailblazer Ruth Gruber is a woman who inspires you to push yourself to do more and not to submit to boundaries.  To remember, always remember the people and events that came before you - something that is very important to me.  If you don't know her story, you must.  Witness.  Have a great week!





2 comments:

  1. Just remembered to add Hickory Wind, Gram Parsons' biography to the list of recent reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is right Hubs! Keep me honest and don't let me forget!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails