Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Smmidge Style: Workwear





































Workwear is just never easy, is it?  I walk a fine line with a corporate job, and. . . well. . . a constant "questionable" interpretation of business casual that includes jeans that I pawn off as skinny "slacks"; pattern on pattern "craziness", and colors that some might say, uh. . . " wow, that doesn't match. . . AT ALL", or "I sure could never pull that off" - my personal favorite semi-compliment.  It's fun.  But I have to say, I'm in enjoying solids these days very much - anything to make it easier. I find this knee length skirt and plain tee comfortable and flattering and frankly, sort of businessy in a slouchy way.   No?
Anyway, my workplace is definitely comfortable with solid colors, and the arm patch (I bought at vintage store and stitched on the sleeve) and patchwork ikat shoes (by Julian Louie for Aldo) make the cute black eyelet skirt a tiny bit funkier. . . it's all about compromise.  Happy Wednesday.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails