Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meet Me in KC

the entrance to the FLW Sondern House
We had a lovely time in Kansas City last weekend.  I was there for my d-a-y-j-o-b so it was kind of random, but I really liked the vibe of the city (I had never been), and I had some time with an old friend which was wonderful, and we thoroughly enjoyed the architecture which obviously informs the vibe.  The city is home to several Frank Lloyd Wright buildings/homes, so we knew we wanted to check out those that we could find, but the in-between paths to the FLW stops was really what was fun (isn't it always the truth).  Here are a few of the stops we made around town (the residences are all very close to the FLW Sondern House). . . not including the lovely Plaza. . . which was another 1920s gem of spanish style architecture.  The first venture into planned retail and entertainment districts. . . so interesting that that idea was born here.  I loved it and will show you more of that another time.  Otherwise here is my "meet me in KC" tour.  Happy Wednesday.






Loved this Deco delight.  Look at that striped curve.
that clock tower is so. groovy.
The Frank Lloyd Wright designed Community Christian Church.  I love how it leans into the street.
amazing view that is completely anchored by the CCC
Crosses as only FLW would do.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails