Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Few Days in the NYC and a Dream

I'm on the way home from a long 5 day stint in New York. It was a whirlwind of work punctuated by an important event about the transformation of a company and moreover about a man with a plan. What I learned most is that the universe makes momentum around a person acting on a dream... A vision. It's undeniable. Large or small, dreams matter and they can become reality with will. Whew. Deep thoughts. Fun times. On a lighter note I saw some fun little tidbits around the city that I caught on camera and sharing that with you here - from Buddakan (the food was amazing) to hotel room views, to street art, to wallpaper and window displays...One thing I missed capturing was running into Diane Von Furstenburg outside her headquarters when I almost bumped into her hunter green Bentley that was blocking the sidewalk. I feel a kinship with her and her hair. Embrace the curls! Other than that, just so happy to almost be home and see the boys and keep moving on my own plan. To quote the movie Pretty Woman- "whashyo dream?! Everybody got a dream..."
Buddakan
View of the Hudson River from my room at the Standard Hotel.
Zip tie art.
the High Line public park.
Drinks from atop the Standard Hotel.
Love this marble ottoman in the lobby of the Standard.
DVF window on 15th Street.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, laughed out loud at the pretty woman quote. you are good, molly. safe travels and welcome back! jealous of your dvf run in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you. That means so much to me coming from you. And that quote has been stuck in my head since 1989. Love it! Xo

      Delete
    2. Kelly, thank you. That means so much to me coming from you. And that quote has been stuck in my head since 1989. Love it! Xo

      Delete
  2. Oh! DVF, she is the very best. My prized possession is a vintage wrap dress. I only wear it when I really need luck on my side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adventuresindinner - lucky you! what I would give for a vintage DVF wrap dress. :) Definitely a good luck charm!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails