Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Tune by Leftover Cuties

I posted about this song in November 2010 and as I was catching up on season 3 of The Big C on Showtime recently, I was reminded of my love for this little tune by Leftover Cuties.  L.o.v.e.  Check out the show for some hilarious and poignant moments on facing mortality, and to be inspired each time by a song that says what we all sometimes feel whether we are in our 20s, 30s, 40s or beyond: "is this some kind of joke?" Happy Monday, xx - m.m.

Re-blog from smmidge Nov 2010:
"Is this some kind of a joke?"

"...Will someone wake me up soon?  And tell me this was just a game we played called life"  Genius lyrics from one of my favorite songs - Game Called Life by Leftover Cuties - and the theme to a genius TV show, "The Big C".  Adore the stylized video - think its 30s/40s Speakeasy vibe is fabulous.  What's not to love about the smooth, crooning voice of Shirli McAllen through a big silver mic.  And her ruffles and red lips and pearls?  Hello!  Love the guys in the suspenders and pageboys, too.  And, well, in my ongoing quest for expression, balance, understanding, achievement, and inspiration, its yet another artwork that speaks to me.  Hope it does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails