Friday, May 6, 2011

Random Act of Art: Knit Graffiti

Last October I posted about an obsession called Knitta Please that specializes in yarn bombing or knit graffiti (whichever you prefer).  It's a way of making public statement about kindness.  An attempt at softening our surroundings, leaving a piece of whimsy that hopefully makes someone happy using opposing materials (which I love) of soft and hard.  Last Sunday on my way home from flea-marketing (more on that later), I came across this piece in the Lakewood area of Dallas with a simple tag that said "A random act of art" with a washed out signature on the back.  It was a dreary day, but this was a bright spot for me.  I loved it so, and wanted to share it with you on this pretty May Friday (ye-ah!).  Hope this makes for a happy day.  Some exciting things coming in the next few weeks including sharing some of my fave things with yall (ie - giveaways!)  so stay tuned!  And Happy Mother's Day weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails